Bridgend Carers Centre provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to carers and their families on Welfare Benefit matters.
The service can provide advice on issues including:
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Carers Allowance
- Attendance Allowance
- Universal Credit
Our benefits advisor can help make sure you are getting all the welfare benefits you are entitled to.
- If you spend at least 35 hours per week caring for someone you may be able to claim Carer’s Allowance
- You might get an additional amount paid on top of other benefits if you qualify for Carer’s Allowance
- Carers can get an additional amount included in the Universal Credit
- Some carers can get their council tax bill lowered.
This service has gained £500,000 for carers and families in Bridgend in the last 2 years.
Referrals can be made via: