The aim of the service is to target Carers of patients at Princess of Wales Hospital, aid hospital discharge and to ensure that they are given the right information at the right time to support them in their caring role.
Where appropriate the service will:
- Identify Carers information and support needs
- Provide Carers with information packs including information on relevant specialist support for marginalised groups including Young Carer/Young Adult Carers
- Refer carers for advice and support with benefit entitlements to Carers
- Carry out Carers Assessments (as appropriate)
- Provide emotional support including providing carers with information on support groups
- Signpost Carers to other third sector organisations
- Support and encourage Carers to attend social activities provided by Bridgend Carers Centre in order to provide a break from caring and reduce isolation and/or stress.
For more information regarding this service please contact Bridgend Carers Centre on 01656 658479.