The Carers forum offers advice, information and support to carers of all ages. During the meetings carers have the opportunity to raise carer issues, give feedback on services, share experiences and give support.
The forum also aims to:
- Ensure carers are included in the planning, development and implementation of services
- Hold the NHS and Local Authority account regarding Carers Issues
- Giving Carers a voice
- Identify Carers
- Listen to carers
- Advocate for carers as needed
- Publicising the work of informal carers to give greater understanding of what it means to be a carer
- Being a source of information for carers, especially those who become isolated because of their caring commitments of rural location
The forum meets between 11.00am and 1.00pm at different locations within the Bridgend area. Refreshments are available after the meeting which enables a time for individual issues to be raised and an opportunity to meet other carers.
If you would like to know more about the forum, please contact:
Mrs Jacquie White, Bridgend County Borough Council.
Telephone: 01656 642302